Boost Funding supports the growth of producers and screen businesses who have a strategic vision in a fast-changing environment and a plan to deliver on this.
What we fund
A slate of up to four projects including one lead project to be accelerated into production.
- A grant of up to $75,000 per application (depending on the availability of funds)
- It is anticipated the expenditure will be focused on the next nine months
- Up to 50% may be allocated to overhead costs or producer fees
- Recipients of devolved funding schemes like BOOST are encouraged to consider ethnicity and gender diversity and reflect the society of Aotearoa New Zealand
Who can apply
Either established New Zealand producers with:
- At least two ‘produced by’ credits on a feature that has been released theatrically by a distributor or on a New Zealand scripted primetime free-to-air TV production, or on a series drama that was broadcast on a streaming platform or TV
- Strong screen production credits
- An existing slate of projects in development and/or in production.
Or established Aotearoa New Zealand screen businesses that:
- Have been active for more than five years
- Have production experience (could include formats such as television, online, or gaming)
- Have an existing slate of projects in development and/or production.
How to apply
This fund is now closed to applications.
What you need
- A brief summary of you / your company - including a history of past performance as well as your present role in the screen industry
- Lead project - Summary details of the lead project and/or the project in advanced development including synopsis, key creatives attached, development history, intended audience, market partners if attached, proposed finance plan and timeline
- A detailed proposal showing how you plan to enhance your business strategy
- Slate - summary details for all the proposed projects on your slate
- Business plan - A brief overview of your current business model and an overview of your strategy moving forward, including what will enable you to work in a COVID-19 environment
- Rights – intellectual property rights for your projects
- Information about any other projects you have with the NZFC.