The Documentary Development Fund supports documentary films that have the potential to become compelling cinematic releases.
What we fund
The development of feature-length cinematic documentaries suitable for a theatrical release.
- Loan of up to $40,000 per project in two stages
- Early stage - up to $20,000
- Advanced stage loan – up to $20,000
Who can apply
New Zealand producers of a documentary film with significant New Zealand content. The person named as the lead producer in your application cannot be the same person as the writer of director.
How to apply
Please read Documentary Development Financing Guidelines and download the application form below. Send your application and supporting material to firstname.lastname@example.org, and contact us if you have any questions.
What you need
- Vision – creative materials and statements from producer and director
- Audience engagement plan
- Background – history of the project, and other projects you have with the Film Commission
- Budget and timeline
- Key personnel – bios for key people
- Warranty of copyright, access, and clearances.