The Strategic Training Fund partners with organisations to deliver effective training and skills development.
What we fund
A grant of up to $100,000 (up to $150,000 in exceptional circumstances) can cover:
- Industry skills development
- Development Labs (for writers, directors, producers and actors)
- Mentoring programmes
- Industry events
- International development initiatives (for New Zealand talent based both locally and internationally)
- Essential operational running and delivery costs of the proposed programmes.
Organisations will work with the Film Commission to ensure the ongoing development of programmes and the identification of talent.
Targets for the type of talent to be developed will include a mix of emerging and established talent with diversity targets that include a 50/50 gender split and an ethnicity breakdown in line with the most current census.
Who can apply
Training organisations and industry guilds that can show a track record of successfully delivering training to the screen industry.
Criteria for the proposed programme:
- Evidence of need for training
- Track record of the organisation to deliver the highest quality of training
- Commitment to diversity
- Collaboration with other industry organisations
- Combined initiatives run outside of the main centres
- Third party funding and sponsorship.
How to apply
For more information contact our Talent Development Team email@example.com or phone 0800 659 754.
What you need
A one-year proposal that covers:
- A short history of your organisation
- How the proposal meets the criteria listed under ‘who can apply’
- An annual budget including other investment and income your organisation receives
- A schedule of activity and key events
- A list of partnerships, with written confirmation from the partners
- Most recent Annual Accounts.