The Strategic Training Fund partners with organisations to deliver effective training and skills development.
What we fund
The Strategic Training Fund is available for programmes that are aimed at the above the line roles of producers, directors, actors and writers.
Applicants may apply to the Strategic Training Fund for:
- Bespoke programmes of talent development that includes (but not limited to):
- Industry skills development;
- Development Labs (writers, directors, producers, actors);
- Mentoring programmes;
- Industry events;
- Essential operational running and delivery costs of the proposed programmes.
This fund does not cover:
- Costs already funded by third party financiers or investors
- Costs for capital expenditure.
Organisations will be expected to work closely with the NZFC Talent Development team on the ongoing development of the programmes and the identification of talent. These programmes should target a mix of new, emerging, mid-career and/or established talent as per the NZFC talent level criteria definition. The NZFC is keen to receive programmes of training that are available across the country that meet the needs of those from the various regions and demographics. The NZFC is committed to providing opportunities for Tangata Whenua and those from a diverse and/or underrepresented community.
Who can apply
To be eligible for Strategic Training Funding, applicants must be screen sector organisations, companies and/or collectives that are registered in New Zealand. They may be, but are not limited to, organisations that have a membership, are talent development focused, that celebrate, champion and promote New Zealand talent, have a diversity and inclusion focus and/or support the development of Māori talent.
How to apply
Read the Strategic Training Fund Guidelines before registering for an account to apply online at https://funding.nzfilm.co.nz/.
You can invite team members who also have an account to collaborate on the application.
This fund is now closed to applications.
What you need
- A short history of the organisation with links to a website if available
- Details and bios of individuals leading the training
- Details of the types of training/ development being proposed
- Who the training/development is targeted at, including talent level (as per NZFC Talent criteria); the above the line roles within the industry; and the proposed demographics of the participants
- Proposed learning outcomes for the participants, and how many expected participants would benefit from this training
- A full breakdown of how the application meets the assessment criteria
- A detailed budget including any other investment and income
- A full schedule of activity and key events
- A list of any partnerships with written confirmation from the partners