The Advanced Development Fund supports film projects that are at an advanced stage and are almost ready for market.
What we fund
Support to advance feature projects, so they will be eligible for production financing. The grant covers the costs of getting your project production-ready, and covers activities such as budgeting and casting.
- Grant of up to $30,000 per application
- Up to a total of $80,000 per project, including any other Film Commission development grants you have already received
Who can apply
New Zealand producers of a film with significant New Zealand content. The person named as the lead producer in your application cannot be the same person as the writer or director.
How to apply
Before you send us your application, discuss your project with our Development and Production team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you need
- Creative material - including a script at a production-ready stage
- Audience engagement notes
- Clear strategy for packaging and financing the film.
- Background – project history and any other Film Commission projects you are currently involved in
- Budget and timeline
- Key personnel – bios of key people
- Rights – evidence that you have the rights to make the film