The Advanced Development Fund supports film projects that are at an advanced stage and are almost ready for market.
What we fund
Support to advance feature projects, so they will be eligible for production financing. The grant covers the costs of getting your project production-ready, and covers activities such as budgeting and casting.
Who can apply
New Zealand producers of a film with significant New Zealand content. The person named as the lead producer in your application cannot be the same person as the writer or director.
How to apply
The Advanced Development Fund Guidelines are currently being updated and will be published here soon. The fund will remain closed while the guidelines are being updated.
What you need
- Creative material - including a script at a production-ready stage
- Audience engagement notes
- Clear strategy for packaging and financing the film.
- Background – project history and any other Film Commission projects you are currently involved in
- Budget and timeline
- Key personnel – bios of key people
- Rights – evidence that you have the rights to make the film