The Advanced Development Fund supports film projects that are at an advanced stage and are almost ready for market.
What we fund
Support to advance feature projects into production, so they will be eligible for production financing. The loan covers the costs of getting your project production-ready, and covers activities such as budgeting and casting.
- Loan of up to $30,000 per application
- Up to a total of $80,000 per project, including any other Film Commission development loans you have already received
Who can apply
- New Zealand producers of a film with significant New Zealand content. The person names as the lead producer in your application cannot be the same person as the writer of director.
- Director attached to the project
- Clear strategy for packaging and financing the film.
How to apply
Please read the Feature Film Development Financing Guidelines and download the application form below. You can apply at any time, but contact us first.
Send your application and supporting material to firstname.lastname@example.org and contact us if you have any questions.
What you need
- Creative material - including a script at a production-ready stage
- Audience engagement notes
- Background – project history and any other Film Commission projects you are currently involved in
- Budget and timeline
- Key personnel – bios of key people
- Rights – evidence that you have the rights to make the film