The Early Development Fund supports the development of treatments or early drafts of scripts that have the potential to make great New Zealand feature films.
What we fund
The development of draft feature film scripts or treatments.
- Loan up to $25,000 per application
- Up to a total amount of $60,000 per project
- New Zealand-specific development costs.
Who can apply
New Zealand producers of a film with significant New Zealand content. The person named as the lead producer in your application cannot be the same person as the writer or director.
How to apply
Please read Feature Film Development Financing Guidelines and download the application form below. Send your application and supporting material to firstname.lastname@example.org, and contact us if you have any questions.
What you need
- Creative material - including a script or treatment
- Team vision – statements from the writer, director, and producer
- Background – history of the project, and any other projects you have with the Film Commission
- Budget and timeline
- Key personnel – bios of key people
- Rights – confirmation that you have the rights to develop the screenplay