New Zealand Writers Guild (NZWG) Seed grants offer an opportunity for writers to develop feature film scripts without a producer attached.
NZWG Seed funds supported by New Zealand Film Commission:
Assistance for writers with the development of early scripts for feature films.
- Grant of $10,000 for the development of a first draft of a feature film script
- Includes $2,500 for script consultation
- Eight grants in total, over two rounds per annum
- Grant of $12,500 for established writers to develop feature film scripts
- Includes $2,500 for further development of the feature film script (such as workshops, script consultants, and table reads)
- Four grants in total, over two rounds per annum
Who can apply
Writers can apply – a producer is not required for this grant.
Seed Advanced is for a documentary or narrative writer who has created not less than a total of 90 minutes broadcast/theatrical material which has been produced by a recognised production company, platform or authority.
How to apply
The New Zealand Writers Guild administers the grants – visit their website to apply.