The Producer International Travel Fund supports producers to travel to international festivals and markets.
This morning (12 March 2020) the World Health Organisation has made the assessment that COVID-19 coronavirus be characterised as a pandemic.
Therefore, after careful consideration regarding funding of applicants to attend overseas events, the NZFC has now made the decision to suspend its travel grants programme for the time being. We will continue to monitor the situation, and if the pandemic assessment is withdrawn, we will review our decision.
This is an unprecedented moment and it is important that we approach it with a sense of calm and responsibility for everyone in our industry.
In the meantime, please continue to take care of yourselves and each other.
What we fund
Travel to key international festivals and markets to advance the packaging and financing of film projects.
- Grant of up to $5,000+GST for all festivals and markets (with the exception of MIFF 37°South Market, which is capped at $2,500+GST)
Who can apply
New Zealand producers with:
- a completed feature film premiering in the marketplace, or at least one feature film project in advanced development
- clear objectives for travel; and
- a thorough plan for the trip including meetings with contacts.
Please note that the primary focus of this fund is feature film festivals and markets. However, in exceptional circumstances travel support to key international series drama markets may be considered on a case-by-case, discretionary and non-precedential basis. If you wish to seek funding to attend a series drama market please contact email@example.com before formally applying to determine if you are eligible.
Please note that a maximum of two applications per applicant per year may be awarded, unless approved by the Chief Executive.
How to apply
Producer International Travel Fund applications are always open and you can apply at any time. However, due to the volume of Cannes applications we receive we take these in a separate funding round in the months prior to the festival. Applications for Cannes 2020 have now closed.
You will need to register for an account to apply online at https://funding.nzfilm.co.nz/.
What you need:
- Proposal – including objectives, plan, and budget
- Project or slate – material from the project/s you are proposing to pitch
- Background – information about any other Film Commission funding or projects