The Producer International Travel Fund supports producers to travel to international festivals and markets.
What we fund
Travel to key international markets to advance the packaging and financing of film projects.
- Grant of up to $5,000
- Up to $7,500 for travel to Cannes Film Festival
- Up to $6,500 for travel to the Toronto International Film Festival
Who can apply
New Zealand producers with:
- A completed film premiering in the marketplace, or at least one feature film project in advanced development
- Clear objectives for travel
- A thorough plan for the trip including meetings with contacts.
Please note that a maximum of two applications per applicant per year may be awarded, unless approved by the Chief Executive.
How to apply
You will need to register for an account to apply online at https://funding.nzfilm.co.nz/
Please start this process as early as possible as there can be a new account confirmation time of 24 hours, although it will likely be less.
What you need
- Proposal – including objectives, plan, and budget
- Project or slate – material from the project/s you are proposing to pitch
- Background – information about any other Film Commission funding or projects