The Feature Film Finishing Fund helps independent filmmakers over the final hurdle of post production and into cinemas.
What we fund
The final stages of post production for feature-length films that require a theatrical digital finish (full HD or higher).
Grant of up to $50,000 per project can cover:
- Online edit or title creation
- Colour grading
- Music composition by a New Zealand composer
- Sound editing and mixing
- Mastering, output time and materials
- Master copies and some screening formats (such as DCP)
- Other costs at the Film Commission’s discretion
Who can apply
New Zealand filmmakers or companies with a project that:
- Is an independently produced feature film or documentary
- Has no New Zealand Film Commission or other government funding
- Has a credible distribution plan for getting in front of audiences
- They hold intellectual property rights for.
How to apply
Please read Feature Film Finishing Grant Guidelines and download the application form below. Send your application and supporting material to firstname.lastname@example.org and contact us if you have any questions.
What you need
- Creative material – including copies of the film
- Key personnel – bios of key people
- Rights and contracts
- Distribution plan
- Background – information on any projects you have with the Film Commission.