The Feature Film Finishing Fund helps independent filmmakers over the final hurdle of post production and into cinemas.
What we fund
The final stages of post production for feature-length films that require a theatrical digital finish (full HD or higher).
Grant of up to $60,000 per project can cover:
- Online edit or title creation
- Colour grading
- Music composition by a New Zealand composer
- Sound editing and mixing
- Mastering, output time and materials
- Master copies and some screening formats (such as DCP)
- Other costs at the Film Commission’s discretion
Who can apply
New Zealand filmmakers or companies with a project that:
- Is an independently produced feature film or documentary
- Has no New Zealand Film Commission or NZ On Air funding
- Has a credible distribution plan for getting in front of audiences
- They hold intellectual property rights for.
How to apply
Please read the Feature Film Finishing Grant Guidelines for Applicants before registering for an account to apply online at https://funding.nzfilm.co.nz/. The person applying should be your lead producer.
You can invite team members who also have an account to collaborate on the application.
What you need
- Creative material – including copies of the film
- Key personnel – bios of key people
- Rights and contracts
- Distribution plan
- Budget and schedule