The Film Festival Fund supports New Zealand-based film festivals that promote New Zealand and international films to a diverse audience.
What we fund
Support for festivals that offer a variety of New Zealand and international films, and which encourage a diverse theatrical audience.
Funding is allocated every three years, with $110,000 of grants per year available to support film festivals that:
- Show New Zealand and international films
- Show films with a range of genres and styles
- Encourage diverse theatrical audiences of all ages and ethnicities.
Who can apply
Recognised organisations programming film festivals with goals to:
- Increase audience growth and diversity
- Increase audience engagement with film culture
- Programme diverse and high-calibre film content
- Create opportunities for New Zealand filmmakers to network with international filmmakers and film markets
- Organise a sustainable festival that could continue after funding ends.
How to apply
Send your application as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org and contact us if you have any questions. The next round of Film Festival Funding will be in 2019.
What you need
- Application for a three-year period
- Comprehensive overview of the festival and its objectives
- Marketing plan which identifies the audience for your festival and how you propose to reach them
- Comprehensive and realistic budget.