Feature Film Production Investment supports the making of diverse New Zealand feature films that are original, exciting and culturally significant.
What we fund
Feature films – whether they are large, small, narrative, or documentary.
- Each year we invest about $12 million into feature film production and post-production, spread across around twelve projects.
- Funding is preferably for features that are at least 80 minutes long and are to be screened in cinemas.
Who can apply
New Zealand filmmakers:
- with a production-ready script or documentary treatment
- with a producer who has a proven track record
- with a credible finance plan (including additional sources of financing)
- who hold New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency
- who are domiciled in New Zealand
How to apply
Please read Feature Film Production Financing Guidelines and Terms of Trade before registering for an account to apply online at https://funding.nzfilm.co.nz/. The person applying should be your lead producer.
Before you send us your application, discuss your project with our production team: email@example.com
Applications are considered at Board meetings, which are held five times a year.
You can invite team members who also have an account to collaborate on the application.
What you need
- Creative material – including a script or treatment
- Finance plan and recoupment
- Audience engagement plan
- Budget and schedule
- Key personnel - bios of key people
- Proposed Cast and HODs
- Information about any other projects you have with the Film Commission