Feature Film Production Investment supports the making of diverse New Zealand feature films that are original, exciting and culturally significant.
What we fund
Feature films – whether they are large, small, narrative, or documentary.
- Each year we invest about $12 million into feature film production and post-production, spread across around twelve projects.
- Funding is preferably for features that are at least 80 minutes long and are to be screened in cinemas.
Who can apply
New Zealand filmmakers:
- with a production-ready script or documentary treatment
- with a producer who has a proven track record
- with a credible finance plan (including additional sources of financing)
- who hold New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency
- who are domiciled in New Zealand
How to apply
The online application form for Feature Film Prouction Investment is closed.
We are currently taking feedback from our previous round in order to update our online application process and make applying easier for you.
We will reopen the round on the 18th of January.
Please register your interest for application via email@example.com.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact our team.
What you need
- Creative material – including a script or treatment
- Finance plan and recoupment
- Audience engagement plan
- Budget and schedule
- Key personnel - bios of key people
- Proposed Cast and HODs
- Information about any other projects you have with the Film Commission