Feature Film Production Investment supports the making of diverse New Zealand feature films that are original, exciting and culturally significant.
What we fund
Feature films – whether they are large, small, narrative, or documentary.
- Each year we invest about $12 million into feature film production and post-production, spread across around twelve projects.
- Funding is preferably for features that are at least 80 minutes long and are to be screened in cinemas.
Who can apply
New Zealand filmmakers:
- with a production-ready script or documentary treatment
- with a producer who has a proven track record
- with a credible finance plan (including additional sources of financing)
- who hold New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency
- who are domiciled in New Zealand
How to apply
Please read Feature Film Production Financing Guidelines and Terms of Trade and download the application form below. Before you send us your application, discuss your project with our production team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are considered at Board meetings, which are held five times a year.
What you need
- Creative material – including a script or treatment
- Finance plan and recoupment
- Audience engagement plan
- Budget and schedule
- Key personnel - bios of key people
- Information about any other projects you have with the Film Commission