Feature Film Post Production Investment helps exciting projects to get over the finishing line.
What we fund
Post production financing to help finish films for the big screen.
This is in the form of equity investment up to $500,000 (although it is unlikely that funding will be to that amount).
Who can apply
- A film project with significant New Zealand content
- An experienced New Zealand producer working on the project
- New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency.
When to apply
Applications close at 1pm on the following deadlines:
- Monday, 9 October 2023
- Monday, 27 November 2023
- Monday, 5 February 2024
- Tuesday, 2 April 2024
- Tuesday, 4 June 2024
- Monday, 5 August 2024
- Monday, 7 October 2024
How to apply
Please read Feature Film Post Production Financing Guidelines and Terms of Trade before registering for an account to apply online at https://funding.nzfilm.co.nz/. The person applying should be your lead producer.
Before you apply, discuss your project with the production team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are considered at Board meetings, which are held six times a year.
To see upcoming Board meeting dates, please go to Board Meetings.
What you need
- Creative material – including synopsis and copies of the film
- Finance plan and recoupment
- Audience engagement plan
- Budget and schedule
- Key personnel – bios of key people
- Information about any projects you have with the Film Commission