This is a full-time permanent role based in Auckland.
We are looking for someone who has the following skills and attributes:
- A tertiary qualification in law and a current practising certificate (or be eligible to obtain one)
- Ideally someone with 4+ years PQE, but we will also consider those with a minimum of 2 years PQE with solid commercial experience
- Proven experience in providing commercial contract advice
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Exposure to entertainment law (highly desirable)
- An understanding of the mechanisms of government or a desire to learn them
- Strong legal technical skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills which allow you to effectively convey key messages and ideas and to simplify complex issues suitable to the audience
- Enthusiasm drive and a proactive nature
- Initiative, sound judgement and the ability to work autonomously
- The ability to cope effectively with a multitask workload
- Articulate with the ability to think on your feet
- Ability to form effective working relationships with other staff and screen practitioners
NZFC offers a friendly, relaxed, and flexible working environment. We are committed to a recruitment process that reflects the principles of equal employment opportunities. As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity in our organisation. We do not discriminate based on ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Special needs of applicants and whanau support will be accommodated when arranging interviews.
To apply and/or if you have further questions and would like a copy of the job description please contact Virginia.Ng@nzfilm.co.nz.
Candidates must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.