We have an exciting opportunity for a talented lawyer with a particular focus on public law to join our Legal and Business Affairs team.
This role is to assist, support and manage NZFC’s risk as a Crown Entity and a government funder by providing pragmatic legal advice.
This is a full-time fixed term role for approximately 12-15 months. The role will be Wellington based.
We are looking for someone who ideally has the following skills and attributes:
- A tertiary qualification in law and the ability to obtain a New Zealand practising certificate.
- Minimum 6+ years solid legal experience at a law firm or in-house at a Crown Entity or government department
- 4+ years public law experience
- A good foundation in intellectual property and commercial law with experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts
- Exposure to entertainment law desirable
- A good understanding of the mechanisms of government
- Strong legal technical skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills which allow you to effectively convey key messages and legal risks and to simplify complex issues suitable to the audience.
- Initiative, sound judgement and the ability to work autonomously
- The ability to cope effectively and multitask a high workload
- Articulate with the ability to think on your feet
- Ability to form effective working relationships with other staff, stakeholders and film makers
NZFC offers a friendly, relaxed, and flexible working environment. We are committed to a recruitment process that reflects the principles of equal employment opportunities. As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity in our organisation. We do not discriminate based on ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Special needs of applicants and whanau support will be accommodated when arranging interviews.
If you would like a copy of the job description please contact: Virginia.Ng@nzfilm.co.nz.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications.
Only those applicants who are New Zealand citizens, New Zealand residents or with valid work visas will be considered.