This role will assist the NZFC to make the best investment decisions in screen productions, aligned to its long-term goal of a successful New Zealand screen industry and specifically it’s medium-term goal to have more amazing, original, different, satisfying productions, by assessing projects for creative and market potential and supporting and advising screen practitioners throughout the lifecycle of screen, development and production.
This will be permanent position based in Wellington. The role will report to the Head of Development and Production.
What you need to bring to the role:
- International market and finance knowledge
- Feature film or screen multi-financing background essential
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a screen or film related role e.g., sales, production.
- Understanding of the screen process, structures (including deal structures), best practice and commercial terms
- Creative experience including in reading scripts
- Experienced in advising/mentoring others in the screen industry desirable
- Experience in development for a sales agent desirable
- A high level of financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to identify original and exciting cinematic ideas in markets that represent sound investment decisions for the NZFC at any one time
- Ability to keep up to date with feature film and screen market trends and translate those into areas of focus for the NZFC and others
- Self-Directing organisational skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Suite and CRM/Databases
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including an enthusiastic interpersonal style that promotes effective communication
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and to recognize and respect sensitive material or information
- Understanding of Maori and/or Pasifika language(s) and culture
Te Tumu Whakaata Taonga The New Zealand Film Commission welcomes applications from all applicants who meet the relevant criteria. We select staff to join our team based on merit and with disregard to any of: gender, race, colour, ethnic or national origins, religious or ethical beliefs, disability, marital or family status, age or sexual orientation. Special needs of applicants will be considered when arranging interviews.
If you would like a copy of the job description, please email: VirginiaNg@nzfilm.co.nz.
Applications close on Wednesday 3 March at 5pm.
Candidates must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.