Tu Tumu Whakaata Taonga, The New Zealand Film Commission (NZFC) in consultation with Iriranga Te Motu NZ on Air and Te Mangai Paho - Maori Broadcasting Funding Agency are looking to engage a Senior Executive – Premium Fund Te Puna Kairangi, on a fixed term contract. This role will be based in our office in Wellington, but we may consider applicants based in Auckland. This is a full-time role starting February 2021.
This role will provide full end to end management, strategic oversight, and support to the Premium Productions for International Audiences Fund (Pūtea Kiriata Hiranga ‘Premium Fund’) and be responsible for ensuring delivery of the Fund’s key objectives.
What you will bring?
A commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- A demonstrated ability to engage successfully with Māori and/or Pasifika peoples
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting the language and cultural aspirations of Māori and/or Pasifika peoples
Significant experience in the film/screen sector
- Experience within the screen sector at a senior level
- Understanding of film financing and budgeting including the ability to analyse cost reports and financial statements
- Ability to critically analyse scripts and proposals and summarise to key points
- Experience of working with international collaborators / companies and knowledge of global audiences
Demonstrated project management experience in a complex multi-project environment and/or complex projects
- Ability to think strategically and solve complex problems
- Experience working within a government environment preferred
- An agile approach – no issues about being hands-on when needed.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise competing demands
- Ability to manage multiple, complex stakeholder relationships and expectations to achieve alignment against the stated aims of a project. (Minimum of 5+ years proven project and stakeholder management experience in complex multi-project environments)
Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to lead discussions and planning
- Ability to review applications and make clear recommendations in dynamic and succinct reports
- Understanding of digital systems and management of data
- Relationship management skills including ability to work collaboratively
- People management experience
The indicative salary range for this position is NZ$112,454 - 124,373 per annum.
Te Tumu Whakaata Taonga The New Zealand Film Commission welcomes applications from all applicants who meet the relevant criteria. We are committed to a recruitment process that respects the diversity of our country and the principles of equal employment opportunities. Special needs of applicants and whanau support will be accommodated when arranging interviews.
For further information and or a copy of the job description please email Virginia Ng, HR Manager, NZ Film Commission at: Virginia.Ng@nzfilm.co.nz. Please note that the NZFC offices will not be open until the 11th January and any responses will be after this date.
Applications close at 12noon Tuesday 26th January 2021.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be in New Zealand.