We are looking for a Funding Advisor - Development for a short contract to support our Premium Fund team to help assess applications for Round 2 of the Premium Development Fund. We are looking for someone who is available from mid-September to mid-December (12 weeks). This is a full-time role.
This role could be based in either our Wellington or Auckland Office. They role will report to the Head of Development and Production but work closely with the Senior Executives of the Premium Fund.
What you need to bring to the role:
- Significant screen industry experience - either freelance, production company or screen agency
- Demonstrable ability or background in analysing and giving constructive feedback on pitch material including scripts, treatments etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of written communication
- A passion for, and broad knowledge of, screen and practitioners
- Knowledge of the business of screen including market/commercial awareness of trends
- Understanding of Māori and/or Pasifika language(s) and culture
- Academic or professional background in script assessment or consultancy (desirable)
- Relevant organisational skills including interpreting policy and guidelines (highly desirable)
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Suite of products including Office 365
Te Tumu Whakaata Taonga The New Zealand Film Commission welcomes applications from all applicants who meet the relevant criteria. We select staff to join our team based on merit and with disregard to any of: gender, race, colour, ethnic or national origins, religious or ethical beliefs, disability, marital or family status, age or sexual orientation. Special needs of applicants will be considered when arranging interviews.
If you would like know more about the tasks, please email: VirginiaNg@nzfilm.co.nz.
Applications close on Tuesday 31 August at 3pm. We reserve the right to start discussions with applicants prior to the closing date.
Candidates must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.