Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer this role will have responsibility for the financial accounting function and management of financial information.
We are seeking an experienced Finance Manager who is looking for their next challenge. This is a full-time role based in Wellington.
To be suitable for this role you will be CA qualified or equivalent, with 5 yrs+ solid post qualification experience. You will have a sound understanding of management accounting principles, and ideally have a background in the public sector or have worked within the creative sector. You will also bring experience in building and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships.
We are looking for someone with strong commercial acumen, who through their strategic thinking and analytical insight will add value to the organisation.
Key accountabilities include:
- Responsibility for the preparation of monthly management financial reports, including revised forecasts.
- Ownership of the annual business performance process, including annual budgets and cashflow forecasting.
- External compliance reporting to government agencies and other regulatory requirements impacting the organisation.
- Preparation of annual statutory financial statements for Parliament in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Management of annual audit.
- Preparation of Board papers.
- Preparation of annual financial statements and management of annual audit for Film Heritage Trust
- Management of cash funds.
- Distribution to of film income collected to relevant investors/stakeholders.
- Responsibility for payroll (IMS experience desirable)
Skills and Attributes:
- CA Qualified or equivalent
- 5+ years solid post-qualification experience
- Proven experience in both financial and management accounting activities including general accounting and financial analysis
- Good working knowledge and experience in different technologies and relevant financial applications, particularly Microsoft 365 Business Central
- Strong commercial acumen
- Experience in leading people
- Strategically focussed, and highly analytical
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with a diverse group of management, staff and stakeholders
If you are interested in applying for this role, please apply online with your CV and a covering letter.
For further information about the role or to get a copy of the position description, please contact Virginia Ng at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5pm Wednesday 27 October 2021.
Applicants must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand.