We are looking for a creative screen executive who is excited about the future of feature and long form storytelling.
The Development Executive plays a key role in supporting the development and production of long form screen content in New Zealand through providing script and project assessment, writing reports and managing communication to writers and producers. The role also involves advising screen practitioners on development guidelines and policy, and best pathways for the successful development of their projects. The role will require regular domestic and some international travel (when we are able to do so).
This will be permanent position based in Wellington. The role will report to the Head of Development and Production.
What you need to bring to the role:
- Significant screen industry experience - either freelance, production company or screen agency
- Demonstrable ability or background in analysing and giving constructive feedback on pitch material including scripts
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills including ability to advise and mentor screen practitioners in the successful development of their projects
- High level of ability around written communication
- A passion for, and broad knowledge of, screen and practitioners
- Knowledge of the business of screen including market/commercial awareness of trends
- Understanding of Maori and/or Pasifika language(s) and culture
- Academic or professional background in script assessment or consultancy (desirable)
- Relevant organisational skills including interpreting policy and guidelines (highly desirable)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Suite of products including Office 365
Te Tumu Whakaata Taonga The New Zealand Film Commission welcomes applications from all applicants who meet the relevant criteria. We select staff to join our team based on merit and with disregard to any of: gender, race, colour, ethnic or national origins, religious or ethical beliefs, disability, marital or family status, age or sexual orientation. Special needs of applicants will be considered when arranging interviews.
If you would like a copy of the job description, please email: VirginiaNg@nzfilm.co.nz.
Applications close on Wednesday 3 March at 5pm.
Candidates must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.