Business Affairs Executive
- In-house legal role
- Exciting, creative, busy environment working in New Zealand’s vibrant screen production sector
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Affairs Executive at the New Zealand Film Commission. This is a permanent full-time legal role based in Wellington and reporting to the Head of Business Affairs. The role is a fantastic opportunity to develop your legal skills and knowledge within an exciting industry and dynamic work environment.
To be successful in this role you will require excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and initiative. You will provide legal support within the team, drafting and negotiating production financing contracts; providing legal advice, contract review and drafting support to New Zealand Film Commission staff; assisting with the preparation and review of sales and distribution contracts; assisting with the Film Commission's legislative compliance; and providing commercial advice to film makers.
The ideal applicant will also have:
- An LLB and ideally have also completed Professional Legal Studies (Profs)
- Two to four years’ post qualification experience
- A passion for, and ideally experience, working in the New Zealand and/or international screen industry
- Initiative, sound judgement and the ability to work autonomously
- The ability to cope effectively with a multi task work load
- Articulate with the ability to think on your feet
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Attention to detail
- Ability to form effective working relationships with other staff and film makers
Don’t miss this rare opportunity!
To apply, please e-mail your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.
Applications close 9am Thursday 26 April 2018