The Short Film International Festival Fund helps New Zealand short films and their makers get to significant film festivals.
This morning (12 March 2020) the World Health Organisation has made the assessment that COVID-19 coronavirus be characterised as a pandemic.
Therefore, after careful consideration regarding funding of applicants to attend overseas events, the NZFC has now made the decision to suspend its travel grants programme for the time being. We will continue to monitor the situation, and if the pandemic assessment is withdrawn, we will review our decision.
This is an unprecedented moment and it is important that we approach it with a sense of calm and responsibility for everyone in our industry.
In the meantime, please continue to take care of yourselves and each other.
Post-production funding for short films remains available.
What we fund
Grants for makers of short films that have been selected for an international film festival.
- Airfares and transfers
- Accommodation for up to five nights
- Up to $10,000 for post-production if your film needs help to meet minimum screening requirements.
Who can apply
- A short film invited to an international film festival that is on the list of recommended festivals
- New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency.
How to apply
Before applying in the second half of the financial year (December–June), please contact the Talent Pathways Manager to check whether there is funding available.
You can invite team members who also have an account to collaborate on the application.
What you need
- Festival material – including an acceptance letter and copy of the film
- Strategy material – a written statement
- Background – including project history
- Post-production – budget for post-production costs, if applicable