The Short Film Fund (Fresh Shorts) identifies and nurtures the next generation of New Zealand filmmakers.
What is Fresh Shorts?
- Fresh Shorts offers grants of $15,000 to new or emerging filmmakers to make a short film
- Filmmakers may have some experience, or they may be new to the screen industry
- More experienced filmmakers should apply for Catalyst He Kauahi funding
What we fund
The development and production of short films made by up-and-coming filmmakers.
- $90,000 of grants are available for the production of up to six short films.
Who can apply
New Zealand filmmakers of short film projects with:
- A director attached
- Applicants need a producer who is separate to the director
- First-time directors can apply for Fresh Shorts
- Availability to attend the Fresh Shorts Development Labs (writers, producers, and directors).
How to apply
This fund is now closed to applications.
To stay informed when the next round opens, please subscribe to the Fresh Shorts updates mailing list.
What you need
- Story – creative materials including a script
- Vision – information from the director
- Producer – statement and plans from the producer
- Budget – budget notes and financial plan
- Team – bios of key people