The Short Film Fund (Fresh Shorts) identifies and nurtures the next generation of New Zealand filmmakers.
What is Fresh Shorts?
- Fresh Shorts offers grants of $15,000 to new or emerging filmmakers to make a short film
- Filmmakers may have some experience, or they may be new to the screen industry
- More experienced filmmakers should apply for Catalyst He Kauahi funding
What we fund
The development and production of short films made by up-and-coming filmmakers.
- $90,000 of grants are available for the production of up to six short films.
Who can apply
New Zealand filmmakers of short film projects with:
- A director attached
- Applicants need a producer who is separate to the director
- First-time directors can apply for Fresh Shorts
- Availability to attend the Fresh Shorts Development Labs (writers, producers, and directors).
- Development Lab dates: 8 - 10 November 2019
How to apply
To stay informed when the next round opens, please subscribe to the Fresh Shorts updates mailing list.
What you need
- Story – creative materials including a script
- Vision – information from the director
- Producer – statement and plans from the producer
- Budget – budget notes and financial plan
- Team – bios of key people