The Short Film Fund (Fresh Shorts) identifies and nurtures the next generation of New Zealand filmmakers.
What we fund
The development and production of short films made by up-and-coming filmmakers.
- $280,000 of grants are available for the production of up to fourteen Fresh 10 and Fresh 30 short films.
- Up to seven Fresh 10 short films at $10,000 per film
- Up to seven Fresh 30 short films at $30,000 per film.
Who can apply
New Zealand filmmakers of short film projects with:
- A director attached
- Fresh 30 applicants need directing experience and a producer who is separate to the director
- First-time directors can apply for Fresh 10
- Availability to attend the Fresh Shorts Development Labs (writers, producers, and directors).
- Development Lab dates: 5th - 7th April, 2018
How to apply
You can invite team members who also have an account to collaborate on the application.
What you need
- Story – creative materials including a script
- Vision – information from the director
- Producer – statement and plans from the producer
- Budget – budget notes and financial plan
- Team – bios of key people