The Short Film Fund (Fresh Shorts) identifies and nurtures the next generation of New Zealand filmmakers.
What we fund
The development and production of short films made by up-and-coming filmmakers.
- $280,000 of grants are available for the production of up to fourteen Fresh 10 and Fresh 30 short films.
- Up to seven Fresh 10 short films at $10,000 per film
- Up to seven Fresh 30 short films at $30,000 per film.
Who can apply
New Zealand filmmakers of short film projects with:
- A director attached
- Fresh 30 applicants need directing experience and a producer who is separate to the director
- First-time directors can apply for Fresh 10
- Availability to attend the Fresh Shorts Development Labs (writers, producers, and directors).
- Development Lab dates: 5th - 7th April, 2018
How to apply
You can invite team members who also have an account to collaborate on the application.
Applications are currently closed. To stay informed when the next round opens, please subscribe to the Fresh Shorts updates mailing list.
What you need
- Story – creative materials including a script
- Vision – information from the director
- Producer – statement and plans from the producer
- Budget – budget notes and financial plan
- Team – bios of key people