Screen Sector Capability Funding supports the New Zealand screen sector to develop the business and technical capability to meet the challenges of a COVID-19 and post-COVID-19 environment.
What we fund
The NZFC has allocated up to $550,000 until June 2021, available as a grant across these two strands:
- Support for screen sector organisations.
- Sector wide skills and industry development programmes.
Who can apply
Applicants must be screen sector organisations, companies and/or collectives that are registered in New Zealand.
What you can apply for
1. Support for screen sector organisations
This funding will support the vital work that New Zealand screen sector organisations and guilds undertake, enabling them to continue to provide services to their membership and the wider industry.
Applicants can apply for funding to cover costs incurred due to COVID-19 including the loss of income, cancellations of events and other COVID-19 related costs.
Applicants may also apply for funding to help support the delivery of joint planning, contractual and strategic work across the sector and to explore new business and operating models with the aim of developing more robust and sustainable models and ways of working for the future.
2. Sector wide skills and industry development programmes.
This funding will meet the current and developing needs of the sector that will enable talent to develop, upskill and flourish in a COVID-19 and post COVID-19 world. Industry partners and screen sector organisations may apply for funding to either enhance and/or expand existing programmes or deliver new bespoke programmes of skills and talent development.
How to apply
Apply online via our funding portal. Click the button below to get started.
What you need
- A short history of the organisation, company and/or collective (half an A4 page);
- A proposal (no more than five A4 pages) detailing how your application meets the assessment criteria (see below);
- A detailed budget including any other investment and income;
- A schedule of activity and key events;
- A list of any partnerships with written confirmation from the partners.
Applications for up to $50,000 will be assessed monthly with a deadline on the 20th of each month. Decisions will be announced on the 1st of the following month.
Applications for over $50,000 will be assessed two times a year. The deadline for the first round is 2 November 2020.