The Lower Budget Feature Film Initiative is aimed at lower-budget projects that want to break boundaries.
What we fund
Projects planned to be under $500,000 that are likely to secure the interest of an international market partner. We can provide equity investment up to $250,000 if it is matched by an international market partner. If you don't have a partner we may be able to introduce one to you.
Who can apply
Emerging and experienced filmmakers with:
- A strong script
- A clear target audience
- They must hold New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency
- They must be domiciled in New Zealand
How to apply
Please read the Feature Film Production Financing Guidelines and Terms of Trade, then download and complete Feature Film Production Financing Application Coversheet and Checklist. Not all of this application will be relevant for you, so before you start your application, contact our Production Executive for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are considered at Board meetings, which are held five times a year.
What you need
- Creative material – including a script or treatment
- Finance plan and recoupment
- Audience engagement plan
- Budget and schedule
- Key personnel – bios of key people
- Information about any other projects you have with the Film Commission