The Lower Budget Feature Film Initiative is aimed at lower-budget projects that want to break boundaries.
What we fund
Projects planned to be under $500,000 that are likely to secure the interest of an international market partner. We can provide equity investment up to $250,000 if it is matched by an international market partner. If you don't have a partner we may be able to introduce one to you.
Who can apply
Emerging and experienced filmmakers with:
- A strong script
- A clear target audience
- They must hold New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency
- They must be domiciled in New Zealand
How to apply
This fund is not currently open to applications.
What you need
- Creative material – including a script or treatment
- Finance plan and recoupment
- Audience engagement plan
- Budget and schedule
- Key personnel – bios of key people
- Information about any other projects you have with the Film Commission