The Whakawhanake Te Ao Niko-Interactive Development Fund enables the development of interactive content with significant New Zealand creative and cultural outcomes.
What we fund
Concept development of original narrative-based interactive and games content.
- Grant of between $25,000 and $50,000 per project
- The concept can be delivered on any platform (for example, mobile, online, console, virtual reality, or augmented reality).
Who can apply
New Zealand game or screen-based companies that:
- Are looking to develop interactive works that have a strong story focus
- Hold or share the necessary intellectual property rights for the project
- Can demonstrate the ability to be able to deliver the project.
How to apply
Please read the Whakawhanake Te Ao Niko - Interactive Development Fund Guidelines before registering for an account to apply online at https://funding.nzfilm.co.nz/. The person applying should be your lead producer.
This fund is currently closed to applications.
You can invite team members who also have an account to collaborate on the application.
What you need
- Creative materials – including a logline, synopsis, video pitch and any concept art, and (optional) Electronic Proof of Concept or other material
- Budget and timeline
- Key personnel – bios of key people