The Whakawhanake Te Ao Niko-Interactive Development Fund enables the development of interactive content with significant New Zealand creative and cultural outcomes.
What we fund
Concept development of original narrative-based interactive and games content.
- Grant of between $25,000 and $50,000 per project
- The concept can be delivered on any platform (for example, mobile, online, console, virtual reality, or augmented reality).
Who can apply
New Zealand game or screen-based companies that:
- Are looking to develop interactive works that have a strong story focus
- Hold or share the necessary intellectual property rights for the project
- Can demonstrate the ability to be able to deliver the project.
How to apply
Please read the Whakawhanake Te Ao Niko - Interactive Development Fund Guidelines before registering for an account to apply online at https://funding.nzfilm.co.nz/. The person applying should be your lead producer.
You can invite team members who also have an account to collaborate on the application.
What you need
- Creative materials – including a logline, synopsis, video pitch and any concept art, and (optional) Electronic Proof of Concept or other material
- Budget and timeline
- Key personnel – bios of key people