The Boost Development Fund supports the growth of established producers and screen businesses by helping out films that could benefit from a funding boost.
What we fund
A boost for a slate of feature films to be accelerated into production.
- Up to $100,000 per application (depending on the availability of funds)
- Both loans and grants
- At least half of the funding is for third party development costs.
- We encourage recipients of devolved funding schemes like Boost to consider ethnicity and gender diversity and reflect the society of Aotearoa New Zealand
Who can apply
Either established New Zealand producers with:
- A ‘produced by’ credit on a feature that has been released theatrically by a distributor
- Strong screen production credits
- A slate of up to three reasonably developed feature projects which they hope to accelerate into production
Or established New Zealand screen businesses that:
- Have been active for more than five years
- Have production experience (could include formats such as television, online, or gaming)
- Want to establish a slate of developed feature projects as part of a plan to enter feature film production.
How to apply
Please read Boost Funding – Guidelines for Applicants and download the application form below. Send your application and supporting material to firstname.lastname@example.org, and contact us if you have any questions.
What you need
- Business strategy or plan – vision for expanding your business or slate
- Slate – summaries of up to 4 proposed projects
- Rights – intellectual property rights for your projects
- Information about any other projects you have with the Film Commission