This unique investment initiative has been created to celebrate 125 years of women’s suffrage, promoting New Zealand’s international leadership in women’s rights.
What we fund
Through the 125 Fund, the Film Commission will make an investment of $1.25 million in up to two dramatic feature films led by women.
Who can apply
To be eligible for the 125 Fund, the team must have a woman or female-identifying individual in at least two of the key creative roles. The director must be a woman. At least one of the producer or writer must also be a woman. A woman writer/director will count as two.
The applicant must be the producer, who must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
We are looking for teams that are well-balanced in terms of skills and experience. We welcome scripts from new writers as well as emerging and established writing talent. The producer and director should have a theatrically screened short film and/or a track record in feature film, television drama, web series or commercials.
How to apply
This fund is now closed.
What you need
- Creative material - including a script, logline and synopsis
- Team vision – statements from the writer, director, and producer
- Background – history of the project, and any other projects you have with the Film Commission
- Finance plan and recoupment structure
- Budget and schedule
- Audience Engagement Plan
- Key personnel – bios of key people including key cast