This fund is designed to help filmmakers over the final hurdle of post production, in order to get New Zealand short films seen by international festival audiences.
At a glance
- Who can apply: Filmmakers who have had their narrative short film selected by a significant international film festival to screen in competition.
- Level of funding: Up to $20,000. Worldwide the majority of festivals are now accepting premium digital delivery – DCP, HDcam or digital file. We will fund to the most cost effective level of delivery for the overall life of the film.
- Application deadlines: Applications may be submitted at any time.
In order to apply for the grant all of the following criteria must be met:
- The short selected must be a narrative film with significant New Zealand content;
- Festival selection as defined by the attached Festivals list;
- Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or have permanent residency.
The application will be assessed on the following points:
- Festival selection;
- The filmmaker’s festival strategy beyond selection;
- Talent development opportunity;
- Availability of funds in the current financial year.
We reserve the right to offer applicants less than the sum requested, assessing each application against the criteria and the available finance. Decisions will be reached within two weeks of the application being received.
Applications can be submitted at any time.
This fund has an annual cap. Please speak to the Short Films Manager before submitting the Short Film Post Production Fund application form.
If you have any queries about this process, please email email@example.com.
Completed Application Forms and all supporting material should also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel assistance may also be available to attend international festivals. Please refer to the link below.