This award is to help cover the costs of a professional development opportunity either in New Zealand or overseas.
Applicants can apply for up to NZ$5,000 to help cover the costs of a significant professional development opportunity in their area of expertise. For example, this might be taking part in an international workshop or masterclass. The award will assist with direct costs, and travel and accommodation expenses.
To be eligible for a Professional Development Award, the applicant must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
Applicants must attach a proposal that contains:
- a personal statement outlining how the opportunity will develop their skills;
- a completed Professional Development Award Application Cover Sheet;
- a description of the specific opportunity;
- a letter of acceptance for applications to attend a workshop or masterclass (if applicable);
- a letter of commitment from the organisation or individual concerned for the attachment with a professional mentor or company (if applicable);
- one-page CV
- Successful applicants will be required to provide a written report following the development opportunity and may be called on to share their experience with the wider industry.
- This award will not be granted to producers where their application would be better suited to the Producer International Travel Assistance.
- We can only support an individual (not a team) to attend a single opportunity.
- These awards are not intended to pay for general tertiary training costs.
- Applications can take up to 10 working days to process so please alert us to the opportunity prior to this time.
- We cannot fund retrospectively.
- Applicants with feature film credits are preferred.
You can only receive a single Professional Development Award within a 24 month period.
Applications may be submitted at any time. Please send your application in a single document to the Professional Development Executive at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opportunities that past recipients of this award have attended include: the Production Budgeting and Accounting workshop at the Australian Film Television and Radio School (Sydney), a masterclass at the Acting Center (LA), and the Shelley Mitchell Acting Workshop (Berlin), International Director coaching towards first feature film.