We help talented professionals along their career pathways by contributing to the costs of a professional development opportunity either in New Zealand or overseas.
At a glance
You can apply for an award of up to NZ$5,000 to help cover the costs of a significant professional development opportunity in your area of expertise. For example, this might be taking part in an international workshop or masterclass. The award will assist with direct costs and travel and accommodation expenses. Previous funding decisions are regularly updated on our website.
- Who can apply: Screen industry professionals, preferably with feature film credits. You must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
- Level of funding: Up to NZ$5000
- Type of funding: Grant
- Application deadline: Applications can be submitted at any time
Your application must include:
- completed application coversheet (see below)
- a personal statement outlining how the opportunity will develop your skills
- description of the specific opportunity
- confirmation that you have been accepted to take part (if applicable)
- one-page CV
Applications for assistance will be assessed by the Talent Development Team, with input from other NZFC executives as required.
Applications take up to 10 working days to consider.
Please be aware that:
- If you are successful, you will have to report back to us on following the development opportunity and may be called on to share their experience with the wider industry.
- We can only support an individual (not a team) to attend a single opportunity.
- We will not pay for general tertiary training costs.
- We cannot fund retrospectively.
- Producers should check whether the Producer International Travel Assistance is more appropriate before applying.
- You can only receive a single Professional Development Award within a 24 month period.
- Our investment is discretionary and our decisions are final. The criteria we apply may change from time to time but our decisions will be consistent with the NZFC Act 1978.
Please complete the Professional Development Award application form below and send with your supporting material to [email protected].
For more information contact our Talent Development Team [email protected] or phone 0800 659 754.
Related Documents and forms